Sunday, April 1, 2012

Guess who's baaaack ;)

It's been a while, eh? To say the least.

Life's been pretty damn eventful- although that's not to blame for my lack of posts, though it definitely hasn't helped.  I will share about all of the life changes this year in more detail at a later date.

But for now, I have a lot to share.  Expect a plethora of posts here soon (hopefully), because I have been mentally preparing myself for my comeback into my (very small) blog world for the last month or so.

So, get ready people. Nifty Thrifty Chick coming at you in full force.

I have a number of things to share:
- Yummy recipes I've tried recently (because lets get serious, eating IN is almost always going to be thriftier than eating OUT- unless you get the dollar menu, which by the way don't. Shit's gross. Not that I can't say I'm not guilty from time to time; everything in moderation, right? ... ;) )
-Recent thrift store escapes (but, of COURSE- coming at you in 3-2-1..)
-Different craft & organization projects I've worked on recently (because DIY projects are always the cheaper way to go)

Alright gals and guys are you ready to get inspired to get thrifting?


My new favorite shoes... I've said that before on here haven't I? ;)

I believe they were $4 at the Thrifty Bargain. (everything in this post was purchased at there, actually)

I noticed this watch at the check out one day for $6- there was a big line behind me and I didn't want to hold anyone up. I went back the next day (which was 40% off day) and purchased it for $4 I believe.  I absolutely love it.

Green alligator shoes, just in time for St. Patricks Day this year. (You may say "old lady", I say fabulous! ;) ) Route 66- I believe for $3


Liz Claiborne three quarter business type jacket thing (Fashionistas, help me out with my wording here?) $10.

Key brooch (don't mind the overexposed pic) - I believe $2-3

Abercrombie & Fitch jean shorts (Great find!) for $6

Can't wait for summer :)

 And this next purchase... You'll probably think I'm nuts for. It's okay, you can say it. I can take it ;)
All I have to say is, if you find a pair of flippers that fit you perfectly, you BUY THEM! Am I right? For $2.90, that's a hell yeah.  I can't wait to rock these with my snorkel gear in Upper Park this summer. ;) Or maybe even for a silly Halloween costume? 


For those of you who may be stumbling and don't know what I'm referring to, Upper Park is an amazing part of Bidwell Park here in Chico, CA known for its beautiful views, hiking & biking trails, and swimming holes that are to die for.

Alright, that's all for now. Keep it thrifty, friends! ;)

1 comment:

  1. ummm hello i think you have something else super exciting to blog about now! LIKE PLANS FOR AN UPCOMING EVENT?! ;)

    ReplyDelete