Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Most Recent Thrifting Escapade :)

Sorry friends, I have been seriously slacking on blogging... And I just started.  But I promise I will get better (especially now that its officially summer!) It has been a crazy couple weeks with friends graduating (Congrats Rose!), finals, and extra hours at work.  But, I'm back with some recent finds!

My mom (my thrifting mentor) and I went shopping at a thrift store we hadn't been to before called the Shalom Free Clinic Thrift Store (located at 250 East 1st St, here in Chico).  This place is AMAZING!  First off- we both found a lot of great finds (you'll see here in a second) and we were shopping for a great cause.

The Shalom Free Clinic offers all kinds of FREE services to the public.  This is their mission statement:
 
"To provide under-insured and uninsured children, teens, and adults with health screening, primary care interventions, health service, and education.  This includes physical and mental/behavioral health services.  All services are provided free of charge. We welcome and accept people of all sexual orientations, races, genders, nationalities, ages, economic standings, marital status, mental and/or physical abilities, and family configurations."

Check out the link above to learn more and/or find out how to volunteer! :)



 Now on to the awesome finds... 

 My favorite of all the shoes I found- super cute (I really don't feel like pictures do them justice) and SO comfortable, I can literally wear them ALL day and feel like I'm walking around in tennis shoes probably because they are wedges, and the strap on the front is stretchy material. All of their shoes were $4.


I love these ones too! I have wide feet, and these really elongate them.  Apparantly my poochie Ajax wanted to get in the picture too. ;)


These ones my mom and I bought to share. :)  I love how Spring-y they look, and the low heel makes them very comfortable.  Please don't mind my un-pedicured toes... These shoes will be inspiration to get them lookin good. ;)


I love these T strap 40's-esque heels! Again they are really comfortable with the low heel- but the best part is they make me feel like drinking a glass of wine and listening to Billie Holiday.

This red blazer I purchased for $6.  It's from Nordstrom, and I'm guessing from the shoulder pads I removed that it was purchased in the 80's.   It's a little big on me, so I'm considering getting it tailored if its within my budget... But for now I'm good with rockin it the way it is.  Also pictured: my new heels, and earrings shown in an earlier post purchased from Lou Ellens in Chico.


This light jacket-type-thing was $6 as well. I know its a little funky- my boyfriend says its 80's; I just liked it and thought it would be a fun piece to change up my wardrobe. I posted a closer picture to show some of the stitching details, although I'm not sure if you can tell. Also pictured: the same heels again (sorry I should have switched it up) and earrings shown in an earlier post in Placerville for $1.50.


 And here are some shots of Ajax with his favorite toys purchased at Thrifty Bargain on the Esplanade in Chico.  Above is his favorite (and giant) bear to snuggle up with and below is Pumba- his absolute best friend-he takes him EVERYwhere. Notice how icky and worn out they are due to extreme love and over-use.

So, I hope this blog inspired you to do some thrift store shopping in the future, and if you live in Chico, make sure you check out the Shalom Free Clinic Thrift Store! I have a feeling you won't be disappointed- just leave some of the good stuff for me when I come back! ;) Haha. But really, remember the money they earn from the store helps keep the clinic running, so help out the cause by shopping! Gotta love that ;)


Oh yes, and last but not least thanks to my wonderful boyfriend for being such a great photographer!

2 comments:

  1. Great finds! I love those first wedges and I love even more that they are so comfortable! Also, the blue sweater you got must be back in style because I bought a charcoal grey sweater about a month ago in the same exact cut (new)! 80's fashion never really dies out; there's always something that is in and inspired by that time period! Welcome back to blogging :) I've been slacking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those shoes are great finds! I like those first ones the best and have been wanting a pair of wedges. Fun!

    ReplyDelete